My internship in Outreachy is officially started tomorrow. Actually, I felt like dreaming when I got the information that I was elected by GNOME, ariesd from I met too much troubles when I applied GSOC2016 as a absolute rookie in FOSS. So I will treasure this opportunity.
About my work this round, I will follow the the timeline I planned in my application which is made after I discussed with Mentor Tong and two maintainers of Chinese localization group:
- phase 1: Dec 6 ~ Dec 31 — Translate UI Interface for GNOME 3.22 & 3.24.
- phase 2: Jan 1 ~ Jan 25 — Perfect the guideline for translators.
- phase 3: Jan 26 ~ Feb 20 — Translate documents for GNOME 3.22 & 3.24.
- phase 4: Feb 21 ~ Mar 6 — Check, conclude and try to make it better.
- phase 5: After Mar 7 — Continue to contribute.
At last, thanks Marina, Mentor Tong and the maintainers of Chinese localization group who helped and trusted me during the application period. And at the same time, I hope I can contribute more to GNOME, learn more about FOSS organizations, and make more friends through this internship.
This work by Mandy Wang is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International